I was walking home with a spring in my steps and reflecting on the events of the day. This exceptional joy was not without cause, however and it was because I had no homework.
Upon reaching home, I hurriedly put down my bag and rushed into my room to quickly to plan out what to do with all the free time. I decided to keep this news to myself because if my parents knew about this they would leave me with lots of work to do. After completing my homework I did some revision of today's class lessons before embarking on my hobby.
Besides playing computer games I have other much other more interesting things that I like to do. For example designing typefaces, reading story books and day dreaming (I kid you not). Anyway, there is one activity that i have not done in a long time and that is playing with erasers. I know that erasers are meant for other purposes such as rubbing away your mistakes when you write using a pencil.
So with so much extra time left, I searched the storeroom for a big box of erasers that my parents bought for me when I was young. After that I laid them down and started playing with them. The last time i play with them was about two years ago. The first fun activity that I played with the erasers was what I called 'Throw and knock'. I then formed an eraser fortress with all the erasers that I had with ten of them left behind to throw at the fortress from a distance. Very soon eight erasers were used. I watched with great delight when the fortress finally toppled after being constantly hit by the flying erasers. I felt temporarily freed from stress after throwing the eraser. I remember doing this as a way to relive stress when I was young. Seriously, I do not think this is childish at least it is better than sitting in front of a computer to play computer games and make yourself look like a nerd. No offence to all those who loves computer games as I play them from time to time.
The second thing you can do with erasers is that you can make a really long miniature rubber slide. After the first game, I gathered all of my erasers and started to make a slide it is not that hard though. I noticed that one of my erasers had gone missing must have been because of the previous game. After building my slide , I found a tiny marble and rolled it down the slope I added a little obstacle once in a while to ensure that the plastic ball would not reach its destination smoothly.
The really enjoyable experience in this game was building the slide. It had to be made with precision so as to ensure that nothing goes wrong during the game. I used the erasers as domino bricks and played with them too!
Having a fun time playing with a fusion of slide and domino!
The really enjoyable experience in this game was building the slide. It had to be made with precision so as to ensure that nothing goes wrong during the game. I used the erasers as domino bricks and played with them too!
![]() My little slide |
Besides forming a slide, you can also make a domino with it! |
My overall experience today was superb. I feel that even if you are no longer a little child you were in the past, you can still enjoy what you have done in the past. This does not necessarily make you a childish person.




Wow, nice video! Takes super duper patience to do that!
ReplyDelete