Something that took place in school
Today I woke up with a sense of fatigue. I must have been suffering from Monday blues. If I could remember, there was going to be a class decoration activity today in preparation of the coming Chinese New Year.
The moment I step into the classroom, my senses told me that I was correct. One of my classmates held a box and went around collecting red packets in a fashion that seemed like he was asking for donations. Everyone seemed really excited about the activity as a faint glow of energy seemed to sparkle within them. The completely filled collection box was the evidence of the enthusiasm and class spirit. Some of my cheeky classmates tried to 'borrow' some of the red packets and failed terribly. I forgot to contribute red packets but I was still very eager about the activity.
The red packets collected were about thrice of this
After assembly almost everyone walked back to class with a pace that was seemingly faster than usual. Once everyone reached the classroom, we immediately got into action before our teachers even arrived. 'J' (not his real name) who was so called the leader of this event, assigned every one with small tasks to increase efficiency. 'J' assigned me with the task of drawing the school's name on a giant piece of paper with reference to my original art piece as I am a good artist (and yes I know that I bragging a bit but I guess that is fine).
The picture that I drew
Later on when I was doing my work, 'S' (not his real name) started to bother me he also wanted to do the same task as me and it took him about five minutes to draw one letter as he wanted to draw it 'with precision'. It did not turn out that nice as I though It would be. No offence though, I appreciated his effort a lot. He's got a lot more to learn from me ( yes, learn from the master).
In the end, despite the effort everyone put in, the classroom design still needed some finishing touches, but I am looking forward to the end product. Hopefully it will be regal, or else everyone's effort would have been wasted. Don't even bother asking me what happens if the decoration is terrible because that will not happen (I guess..).
I spent some time reflecting on the events that took place during the decoration and I feel that this activity is very meaningful. This was due to the fact that we were able to do something to contribute to the community (the class) and work together as one to improve our class bonding and dynamics. Well... if I am not wrong, no one dozed off in class today although usually some 'sleepy-headed' classmates would have. After the activity everybody seemed rejuvenated and ready for the day.
I spent some time reflecting on the events that took place during the decoration and I feel that this activity is very meaningful. This was due to the fact that we were able to do something to contribute to the community (the class) and work together as one to improve our class bonding and dynamics. Well... if I am not wrong, no one dozed off in class today although usually some 'sleepy-headed' classmates would have. After the activity everybody seemed rejuvenated and ready for the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment