Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday January 11th

A problem encountered and how I solve or managed it


Couldn't blog yesterday due to a problem that I encountered and that pretty much broke my blogging streak. Yesterday, after getting a hot bowl of soup from the noodle stall, I carefully made my way towards where my classmates were, finding a seat to sit right next to them.

Despite holding a piping hot bowl of soup, all the students who were in the rush to buy food just walked past me swiftly, giving me no space or chance to make my way out of the crowd. One of them nearly bumped into me but luckily I avoided him it was a close call for me at that time, but a few seconds later, I could not avoid the unavoidable and my right hand was knocked by a coming student. The soup in my bowl swayed vigorously as I tried to keep it from splashing onto my hands. I failed to keep things under control and watched in dismay as the piping hot solution splashed on my right hand. I jerked back in pain, dropping the bowl onto my leg. I couldn't dodge the soup and my leg got scalded. (if you have be wondering what happened to my leg, this was what happened)

So that was the problem that I encountered. However, I managed to solve it with the help of many caring people. After the unfortunate encounter with hot soup, many senior students ran forward to offer assistance. But I politely declined as I thought that it was just a minor burn. I immediately went to the general office when I knew that I was badly scalded after taking a quick rest. I must have been looking miserable with all the soup on my shirt dyeing my shirt brown. After they gave me a new, fresh set of shirt to change and applying temporarily medication on my wounds, I felt better and headed back to class to attend lesson.

During lesson time, there was this activity whereby every one had to part their tables from the center of the classroom. It felt awkward as my table was in the center of the class and I was the only one at the center of the class. I was somewhat sad as I could not take part in the activity. After school ended, my English teacher  brought me down stairs to meet my mother and asked me lots of questions on my way down. Because of my leg injury I could not wear my shoes and had to walk barefooted. I had to keep my eyes on the ground to avoid stepping on any unpleasant objects that laid on the ground. I did not want to have two injuries in one day.

Luckily my mother bought me sandals. After eating, we took a bus home. On the journey i felt upset as everyone had to help me whenever I needed to do something. for example, my English teacher had to go back to my classroom just to find my bottle and my mother had to carry my bags for me. Even as i walked home, it was partially raining so i had to be careful in case the dirty puddles of water splashed on my wounded feet. I took a quick nap the moment I reached home and I woke up after about thirty minutes of rest and  unwrapped the gauze round my feet and had a nasty shocked. An almost disfigured feet was the first thing that I saw.




 It was bad, then it got worse 

My mother then immediately bought me to to see the doctor afterwards and he warped my feet and applied medication, he gave me bottles of medicine and told me to consume them on time. He also told me that my wrapped leg should not have any encounter with water. Which means that I had an enjoyable time that night bathing with a plastic bag tied to my leg. I was quite amazed that the smell of soup remained on my leg. After taking medication and I went to sleep and of course I had a hard time sleeping with an injured leg.






How to bandage a burned feet


Today when I went to school I stayed in the library for one hour and spent my time reading books. Well everything wasn't that good for me, but most of my problems were solved with the help of the elevator since by form teacher allowed me to use it.


So what did i think of this whole incident? I can only conclude that although there are lots of nasty and unpleasant people living around us, all of the kind and caring people around us certainly outnumbered them. I should also be more careful in the future to avoid causing so much trouble to the people around me.  


My Bandaged Leg :(






  

No comments:

Post a Comment